[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Sutra'ber naHmey

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Mar 8 09:48:43 PST 2016

On 3/8/2016 12:04 PM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> Dunumbej be' HoD DaneHchugh vaj ghaHvaD Sutra'ber naHmey Danob.
> if you want the female captain to definitely promote you, then give
> her strawberries.

I'm not sure about that {-bej}. {-bej} expresses the certainty of the
speaker that a statement is true, not the certainty of an actor in the
sentence.

While your sentence works fine, you made a statement in Klingon and a
command in English. I'm not sure if you meant {yInob}.

> Sutra'ber naHmey Dagho'pu'mo' jIngaDHa'choH 'ej 'uSwIj vIghorpu'.
> because I stepped on strawberries I became unstable and I broke my leg.

I think you meant {vIgho'pu'mo'}.

> nuH yaS lo'laHbe' SoH.. chetvI'Daq cha Dalan 'e' DalIjqa' !
> romuluSnganDaq nuq DabaH. Sutra'ber naHmey ?
> you worthless weapons officer.. again you forgot to place the
> torpedoes at the torpedo tubes ! what will I fire at the romulans ?
> strawberries ?

vIbaH

http://www.trimboli.name/