[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: third-person subject of relative phrase

chransberry at gmail.com chransberry at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 13:37:26 PST 2016

Sorry this is such a basic question, but I don't have much in the line of
canon resources, so please bear with me...

I know that one uses verb suffixes like -meH and -mo' to make a relative
clause. But the subject comes after the verb, so how do you include it in
the clause without getting it stuck to the main sentence (looking like the
object or something), for example, "because my mother does not like
chocolate" ({yuch parmo' SoSwI'}?) or "in order that Christa learn Klingon"
({tlhIngan Hol ghojmeH QISta'}?)... If you could show me some example
sentences of clauses with third-person subjects, that would be very helpful!

-QISta'

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless