[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: SIjwI'

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 07:55:37 PST 2016

{'uch} means to hold the knife -- to possess it in hand. It does not mean to take it -- to acquire it in hand. If you say that the lieutenant has completed the action of possessing it in his hand, that implies that he no longer holds it. It sounds like you want to point out that he has completed acquiring it.

'uchchoHta' makes sense. He has intentionally completed the act of beginning to hold the knife, with no suggestion that he has finished holding it.

Sent from my iPad
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv