[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Hoj

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 4 14:32:40 PST 2016

On 3/4/2016 11:12 AM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> bIHojqu'chugh, HoD Qup, vaj DujlIj DatoD.
> if you were more cautious young captain, then you would have saved your ship.

Unlike others, I don't have a problem with the irrealis of this
sentence. The only issue I have is that, outside of context, I can't
tell that it's about something that happened in the past. If that
context were already established, then this sentence is fine.

> boqwI'pu'qoq.. maHojnISchoH 'e' nuqeS 'a Dubmaj luDuQ ngugh 'e' lunab.
> "allies".. they advise us that we need to become cautious, however
> simultaneously they plan to stab our backs.

pov mu'tlheghvam Qatlh!

> Duj So'meH Hojbe'pu'mo' jonwI'chaj, Dujchaj luSampu' romuluSngan.
> because their engineer wasn't cautious to cloak the ship, the romulans
> located their vessel.

They weren't incautious in order to cloak the ship. I might say this as
{Hojbe'pu'mo' jonwI'chaj 'ej [vaj] Duj So'be'pu'mo'}. Or possibly,
{Hojbe'pu'mo' jonwI'chaj Duj So'be'pu'. vaj Dujchaj luSampu' romuluSngan.}

http://trimboli.name