[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: lach

lojmIttI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:08:06 PST 2016

I, for one, never said I had a problem with a conjunction between two imperatives. I do have a problem with a conjunction between an imperative and a statement. The former basically means “Do these two things”. The latter? I’m not sure what it means.

A conjunction between two statements also makes sense. A conjunction between two questions also makes sense to me, but a conjunction between a question and a statement? or a question and an imperative? These don’t work.

I’m not saying there’s a rule against it. I’m just saying I find it impossible to understand a conjunction attempting to join these different kinds of sentences: statements, questions, & imperatives. Join any two of the same class, no problem. Join between classes? Gibberish.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv