[Tlhingan-hol] mu'tlheghmey qontaHbogh Qov

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 20:45:29 PST 2016

I've long suspected that "A day without secrets is like a night without stars," is similar to your bird with a message coming through the window. Sometimes you don't need {-'e'} in a relative clause in Klingon because a relative clause in Klingon has one trick it can do that a relative clause can't do in English.

The day is not like the night, and the secrets are not like the stars. It is the lacking of secrets that is like the lacking of stars. The bird or message are not coming through the window so much as the carrying of the message that comes through the window.

See?

In English, it's all about the nouns. In Klingon, it's often about the verbs.

Sent from my iPad
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv