[Tlhingan-hol] Ha'DIbaH wIchmey

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 00:40:12 PST 2016

ghItlhpu' De'vID :

> What are the relationships between verb 1, verb 2, and verb 3?
> {'e'} doesn't refer back to a verb, but to a sentence. If verb 1 and
> verb 2 both had type 9 suffixes, for example, they wouldn't be
> sentences, and hence {'e'} can't refer back to them.

ghItlhpu' SuStel :

> With the exception brought up by De'vID, you are correct.

I hadn't thought of that ! and now that I'm reading this, I'm starting
to get confused (again). So lets approach this another way..

"In a SAO : ..As long as on the verbs that precede {'e'}, the suffixes
placed, have the effect of producing a single, valid and correct
sentence, these suffixes can be of any kind ; in that case, the verb
that will follow the {'e'} can have any kind of suffixes except aspect
suffixes.."

is the above assumption correct ?

qunnoq