[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ghum

lojmIttI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 11:33:57 PST 2016

I agree that {vum verengan} is difficult to parse because it can mean “The Ferengi works,” “the bastard’s Ferengi” or “the bastard, the Ferengi”. That last interpretation is the one I’d be most hesitant to take because it seems redundant, and the Klingon language doesn’t tend toward redundancy, evidenced by it’s handling of plurality.

We do need a Klingon word for “sniper”, unless they simply think it dishonorable to kill without being seen. They do use cloaking devices, after all.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv