[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tIch

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 09:44:58 PST 2016

naDev jIba'Qo' 'ej tIchtaHghachmeyvam'e' jatlhbogh romuluSnganvam vItlhap
I refuse to I sit here, and take these insults which this romulan speaks.

chotIchlaH 'e' DaHarqu''a'.
do you really believe that you are able to insult me ?

DatIchqa'chugh vaj qaHoH !
if you insult her again I will kill you !

noH luqaSmoHmeH tlhInganpu' tIchta' romuluSnganpu'.
in order to cause the war to happen, the romulans insulted the klingons.

chetIchta'mo', DaH qo'raj wIQaw'.
because you insulted us on purpose, now we will destroy your world.
(I wish I could place the {-'e'} on the {DaH} for emphasis, but as I
understand it, it cannot be placed on adverbs ; however this brings up
the question of <is there a way to emphasize adverbs> ?

chetIchbe'meH Suyepqu' ; meqvamvaD revan !
in order not to insult us you were very careful ; for this reason we
salute you !

verenganpu' tIchpu'DI' chaH, SIbI' chaHvaD qol'omchaj lumechtaHQo' verenganpu'
as soon as they insulted the ferengi, the ferengi refused to continue
trading their gold with them.

irrelevant question: can one say {...'e' vIghItlh} ? meaning <I wrote
that (inserting here that which was written)> ?

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq
at last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge