[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Beginner's One-Sentence Story Game

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 01:35:37 PST 2016

jIH :
> jIHDaq HIghoS
'arHa' :
> To me, approach me

Your translation 'arHa' confuses me and I would like to discuss it..
The {jIHDaq HIghoS} means <To me, approach me>, or just <approach me>
? The verb {ghoS} can mean either <approach> or <go away from>
depending on the presence of nouns with the suffixes {-Daq} and
{-vo'}. The way to use ghoS (v) and other verbs of movement are
described in HQ 7.4, p.2-12, Dec. 1998. Therefore I don't think that
the translation of the {jIHDaq HIghoS} is <To me, approach me> (which
would make the {jIHDaq} appear redundant, but just <approach me>. The
{jIHDaq} not only it isn't redundant, but it is necessary to specify
that the meaning of {HIghoS} is <approach me> and not <go away from
me>.

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq