[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Beginner's One-Sentence Story Game

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 02:16:42 PST 2016

jIH:
> ghIq Qub HoD 'ej beqvam jatlh : lugh be'vam ! romuluSnganDaq yIH
> bongeH 'a yIHDaq wa' 'otlh peng borar !
'arHa':
> (I think you mean {tI-} for ngeH and rar, qar'a'? And {beqvamvaD} or {beqvaD}?)

Yes 'arHa' you're correct on both accounts. I forgot to place the
{-vaD}, and I forgot as well to use the imperative suffixes. Thank you
for bringing these mistakes to my attention !

..now lets continue with our story :

bergh HoD 'ej jach: «yItamchoH! 'ach romuluSnganDaq SoH qangeH!»
the captain was irritated and said : you get quite ! however I will
send you to the romulan.

If you would allow me QISta' to make a suggestion : In english we may
say <then, the captain was irritated> meaning that <then, the captain
became irritated> ; in klingon however we express the <became> quality
through the use of the {-choH}. So I think that it would be better if
the sentence was written {berghchoH HoD}.

anyway..

jIHDaq HIghoS ; cha' 'avwI'pu'vaD jatlh HoD.. be'vam yIbagh 'ej
romulSngan may'DujDaq yIQol.

mIv Hurgh qunnoq
it took me an hour to write the sylvester mail

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 11:25 PM, chransberry at gmail.com