[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: meq

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 09:03:21 PST 2016

De'vID
> Instead of citing {boQwI'}, I'd rather you cited the reference that it
> links to, namely, HolQeD 13.1.

If I had HQ, I would be more than happy to quote it directly ;
unfortunately and since not only I don't have it, but as it seems I'll
never do, I have no other choice except not to quote it directly.

If I wrote <HQ says..> , someone could say <how do you know since you
don't have it ?> , so I would have again to say <because boQwI' says
that HQ says..>.

We're missing the point here..

I couldn't have known of {...law' ...law'} unless sometime way back
-by sheer luck- I hadn't happened to come across that topic in boQwI'.
'arHa' didn't know either..

So, I guess the moral of this thread is simple, and it goes like this :

Those who were lucky enough to study klingon, while HolQeD was
available are lucky ; The rest are f**** !!! Sorry for using the f
word, but that's just how it is. They aren't just at a disadvantage ;
they aren't just at a tight spot ; they aren't just in more difficult
situation.. Oh no.. T-h-e-y  a-r-e  f**** !!!

Of course I realize that for a billion reasons, HQ cannot be made
available. I respect that ; however this does not change the fact that
people like me, people who want to learn and are unable to find HQ are
at a severe handicap.

Sorry for putting it this way, but as a beginner who wants to learn,
tries to learn and sees at the same time that there is knowledge he
cannot access, that's just the way I feel.

cpt qunnoq
lurSa' be'etor je Sutuj jay' !