[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: meq

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 09:23:31 PST 2016

The question is, is this to be taken as <to resaon with> or <to
reason> ? Since the former is not clearly suggested lets assume the
latter..

verenganpu' luQaw'nISlu' 'e' meq ghaH.
he reasoned that someone needed to destroy the ferengi.

vInumHa'laH ; meqpu' ghaH.. yaS QaQ ghaH !
I'm unable to demote him ; he reasoned.. He is a good officer !

toQDujchaj QaQ law' Hoch Dujmey QaQ puS 'e' lumeq.
they reasoned that their bird of prey was the best of all ships.

Hoch Ha'DIbaHmey DIHoHnIS. meqpu' HoD.. QIp bIH 'e' Dalegh'a' ? Ha' !
nuQaH vIghro'mey !
we need to kill all dogs. the captain reasoned.. don't you see that
they are stupid ? come on ! the cats will help us !

ghaH QaQ law' chaH QaQ law', mojlaHbe' luQaHbe'chugh 'e' meq ghaH.
he reasoned that if they didn't help him he wouldn't be able to become
as good as them.

cpt qunnoq
ngaj pIqDaj 'ej ghaH loS ghe''or 'e' Sovmo' ghaH