[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Beginner's One-Sentence Story Game

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 01:42:38 PST 2016

'arHa':
> be'vaD jatlh: "SuvaQHa'mo', jonta'Daq yIHmey tu'lu'!"
QISta':
> To a woman he said, "Because you were wrongly vigorous (?)

The way I understand this, {SuvaQHa'mo'} means either <because you
aren't aggressive/effective> or <because you're aggressive/effective
in a wrong/inefficient way>. I tend toward the latter explanation,
because 'arHa used the suffix {-Ha'} and not {-be'}.. Also I would
like to add that the suffix {-vaD} on the word {be'} confuses me ; The
captain obviously accuses the woman of not being effective so what is
said isn't actually something for the benefit of the woman. Unless of
course the point of his words was for the woman to correct herself.

Be that as it may..

QISta':
> jatlh be': "uuuuu! SoS 'oH yIHwIj'e'! yIHmey 'IH law'!"
the woman said : uuuuu! my tribble is mother ! many beautiful tribbles !

ghIq, jang HoD.. mumISqu'moH mu'meylIj ; chovaq'a' ?

On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 7:04 AM, chransberry at gmail.com