[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nID

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:05:54 PST 2016

Qov:
> Maybe {Hov DItIvmeH matam'eghmoHjaj}
> expresses your thought better.

This is indeed a good idea in order to express the intented meaning ;
Thank you for suggesting it.

Now that I'm thinking about it, here is what happens.. I wanted to
write this as a separate message, however because a previous message I
wrote "The ingenious thing about klingon" apparently never came
through (I never received it) I don't know anymore what eventually
goes out to the list and what doesn't. Anyway.. I'll write here the
following observations..

When someone writes in his native language, or in a language he is
proficient with, he performs an automatic task ; Whenever now a
beginner (and of course I'm referring to myself) writes in Klingon, he
starts writing in a lets-be careful-speed, however as soon as he
becomes excited/pissed/worked up etc he starts writing hastily thus
beginning to make mistakes he shouldn't be making. Therefore a
beginner must be able to keep his calm in order to avoid repeating the
same mistakes time and again.

Secondly, ghunchu'wi' had told me way back, that if I write only in
Klingon I will learn things wrong, without giving the chance to people
to correct me. His advice was true, and I find that it is imperative
for a beginner to provide the english translation too, in order for
the more experienced speakers to help and correct him. The drawback
however is that by providing the english translation too, one tends to
get sloppy and not pay attention to grammar, because he thinks that
"ok, even if I mess up the grammar, they will understand since I write
in english too". So, a beginner also needs from time to time to wrire
solely in Klingon so as to get the feel that by not having the "safety
net" of the english translation, he definitely needs to get his act
together, pay attention and eventually write in a way that makes
sense, in order for others to understand him.

Qov :
> DaHjaj bIberghlaw'.  DuyIv'a' vay'?

Indeed and I apologize about that ; Something personal has happened
and I shouldn't take it out here. I am sorry if I wrote in a way that
bothered people. Soon I will be myself again !

cpt qunnoq
DaH DIHIvbe'chugh vaj go figure..