[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nIq

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Feb 16 08:06:59 PST 2016

I would think so, until we get something more specific.

Okrand to De'vID (10/2014):

  [Maltz] said he does not knit and, in fact, wasn't quite
  sure what knitting was. I explained. He said there is a
  word perhaps best translated as “weave” and that he has
  heard of using sticks when doing a certain kind of weaving,
  but he didn't know a name for that other than weaving.
  (There are apparently other types of weaving also.) The
  word for “weave” (verb) is {nIq}. For the sticks used when
  doing whatever this weaving technique is, he's only heard
  {Hut'Inmey tIq}.

Here’s another useful word FYI:

Lieven (11/12/2014):

  After giving us the word for knitting, Maltz just revealed
  another useful and related word: it's {meS} and means “knot”,
   both as noun and verb. The object of the verb is the thing
  you use to make a knot, e.g. {tlhegh vImeS} - "I make a knot
  in the rope". To loosen the knot, simply say {meSHa'}.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'