[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chaw'

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 03:23:46 PST 2016

Qov :

> In Greek, do you transliterate loan words and use
> them unmarked in otherwise Greek text?

You're right. Your argument is strong and valid. On the other hand,
I'm not able -for the reasons I already wrote- to intermix english
words in a klingon sentence. So we will need to find a solution, in
order for all of us to be happy.

A solution so as (as you say in Canada) :

chab 'ay'maj wIghajlaH 'ej wISoplaH je.
we will be able to have our piece of the pie and be able to eat it too.

Or as we say in Greece :

chab naQ wIghajlaH 'ej ngugh ghungHa'bogh Ha'DIbaH.
we will be able to have an entire pie and at the same time a dog which
is full. (meaning that we managed to feed the dog, without sacrificing
the pie).

Or as we all say in both Canada and Greece :

cha' bo'Deghmey DIHoHmeH, wa' nagh wIlo'.
we will be able to kill two birds with one stone.

So, from now on, I will place the transliterated words in *aSterISqS*
and we will all be happy ! yes ?

Qov :

> For the purpose of this discussion, it's any OVS
> and the stuff in the sentence that goes with that OVS.

Finally I understand what a clause is !

Qov :

> Each clause needs to be in OVS order and  time
> and place information goes at the beginning of the clause it relates to, not
> necessarily before the entire sentence.

This is a beautiful and very enlightening sentence too..

Qov :

> To be safe, if you find yourself writing {'e' Xlu'}, change it to {net X}.

ok, I will apply this newly gained knowledge, the next time I come
across an {'e' Xlu'} sentence (or the need to say one).

Once more, by teaching me something I didn't know, you enlightened my
linguistic darkness ! Thank you for taking the time to explain all
this to me..

qavan Qov !

cpt qunnoq
DaH DIHIvbe'chugh vaj qo'chajDaq toy'wI''a'pu' DImoj