[Tlhingan-hol] FW: Klingon Word of the Day: chabal

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 03:23:58 PST 2016

I just saw that I forgot a {-'e'} on the last sentence.

I wrote :
chabal mu' 'oHbe'mo' jaj mu', mu'tlheghmey Daj vIghItlhlaHbe'.

'a I should have written :
chabal mu' 'oHbe'mo' jaj mu''e', mu'tlheghmey Daj vIghItlhlaHbe'.

Ca'non master :

> Okrand wrote to Lieven (qepHom 2015):
> "wish list" is {chabal tetlh}.  {chabal} is something
> desired or requested.

Yes, I remember this info. However the word {chabal} is still rather
difficult for me to grasp.

Qov :

> It's simpler than that.  chabal could be translated
> simply "wish (n)"  or explained as {Doch neHlu'bogh}.

Indeed that's the way I used it in my sentences. Although it is a
rather vague and abstract word. I guess only canon sentences (if there
were or ever will be any) will be able to further clarify the matter.

qunnoq la' (because of the forgotten {-'e'})