[Tlhingan-hol] Duolingo

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Feb 5 06:22:54 PST 2016

Hi everybody!

Currently, the ones working on the Duolingo course are myself, Jeremy Cowan, Doug Henning, and Philip Newton (who was just added the other day).

The first part of the course has gone through a few iterations; the first few attempts that André and I made, we wound up having too little interesting vocabulary to create varied sentences with, or using lots of unexplained grammar.

I currently think that we have a pretty good structure for the beginning of the course, and our task at hand is moving beyond it.

We work pretty fast when we have set goals for ourselves, but slowly whenever we reach them. So, lately I've been working on a new syllabus proposal, which I'll be presenting to the other contributors tomorrow. Once we've discussed it, we'll go on and create a template which should hold us for a while, so each on their own can focus on content creation.

Best wishes,
loghaD