[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: rIymuS

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Feb 2 10:09:15 PST 2016

On 2/2/2016 12:10 PM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> rIymuS cha'puj tlhIlHalmeyDaq jIvumtaHvIS bortaSvaD vInajtaHvIS.
> While I was working at the dilithium mines of Remus, I was dreaming
> for revenge.

{bortaSvaD vInajtaHvIS} means "while I was dreaming it for the benefit
of revenge." Obviously not what you were going for.

> rIymuSDaq, 'enterpray' vIQaw'meH SImItar vIchenmoH.
> At Remus, in order to destroy the enterprise I built the Scimitar.

Add a {-pu'} or a {-ta'} to {vIchenmoH}. You did it and finished it.

> rIymuSDaq rIyman loDnI'pu'wI''e' vI'tu', pIqarD vIQaw' 'e'
> luqaSmoHbogh.
> At Remus I found my Reman brothers who made it happen that I destroy
 > Picard.

A Reman would be a {rIymuSngan}.

That sentence is difficult for me to parse and seems overcomplicated.

rIymuSDaq rIymuSngan loDnI'pu'wI' vItu'pu'; pIqarD muQaw'moHpu'.
I found my Reman brothers on Remus; they caused me to destroy Picard.

rIymuSDaq pIqarD muQaw'moHpu'bogh rIymuSngan loDnI'pu'wI''e' vItu'pu'.
On Remus I found my Reman brothers who caused me to destroy Picard.

Still complicated, but less so. Could be further simplified.

> I would willing to bet real money that the last sentence is wrong.. If
> not for any other reason, at least for the fact that the {-bogh} on
> the {luqaSmoHbogh} refers to the {loDnI'pu'wI''e'}, which is way
> before the {'e'}.

I can't say that that's actually WRONG, but it was too complicated.

http://trimboli.name