[Tlhingan-hol] How would you feel about new Klingon morphemes? [was: New expression: Klingon for "dim sum" revealed‏]

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Apr 26 20:05:09 PDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Felix Malmenbeck <felixm at kth.se> wrote:
> How would you all feel about learning more suffixes than the ones we currently know?

If it were not announced to the world, I'd feel like I was in on a conspiracy.

I know this for certain, because I *do* know a verb suffix that isn't
published anywhere, and I *do* feel like I have knowledge that should
not be shared. It's not a "real" suffix, meaning it doesn't come from
Marc Okrand, but it still has a real meaning. (It's also a suffix that
I do not have a legitimate opportunity to use.)

For an officially revealed suffix, I echo the multitude of opinions
already given, adding a general reluctance to rely on post-KGT
grammar. The goal of being able to communicate with someone who
learned Klingon from TKD alone is already difficult.

-- ghunchu'wI'