[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: -Daq, and pronouns with -taH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Apr 26 12:28:15 PDT 2016

> Am 15.04.2016 um 16:45 schrieb Steven Boozer:
> > It may be more style than grammar, but it seems you don't add {-taH}
> > to the pronoun following {nuqDaq}:
>
> > *nuqDaq bIH*
> > [/Where are they/? (untranslated)] (ST6)

Another example of {nuqDaq PRONOUN} in TalkNow!:

  nuqDaq bIH leng buqmey'e'
  Where are the suitcases? TNK

Lieven:
> Another example to be added here, just for reference, is the phrase {naDev
> bIHtaH} "here they are" from one of the tapes. (it was in a payment scene:
> "give me 5,000 credits")

It's from "Power Klingon":

KLINGON:	nuqneH?
		What do you want?

TERRAN:	cha'pujqutmey vIje' vIneHbej.
		I definitely want to buy dilithium crystals.

KLINGON:	jIyaj.  HItlhej!
		I understand. Come with me!

KLINGON: 	naDev bIHtaH.  cha'SaD DeQ.
		Here they are. 2,000 credits.

KLINGON: 	tugh!  bIDIlbe'chugh vaj bIHegh!
		Hurry up! Pay or die!

TERRAN:	bIjatlh 'e' yImev!  vIneHbej.
		Shut up! I DEFINITELY want them.

TERRAN:	<<ghIchwIj DabochmoHchugh ghIchlIj qanob.>>
		"If you shine my nose, I will give you your nose."

KLINGON:	batlh malja' DaHuq.
		You transact business honorably.

{bIHtaH} is referring to the crystals and not the credits, but your point is the same.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'