[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: -Daq, and pronouns with -taH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 25 06:55:42 PDT 2016

Here are the examples of PRONOUN + {-taH} that I know of:

pa'Daq jIHtaH
I'm in the room. TKD

pa'wIjDaq jIHtaH
I am in my quarters. TKD

pa'DajDaq ghaHtaH la''e'
The commander is in his quarters. TKD

jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe'
I'm lost. TKD

naDev bIHtaH
Here they are. PK

qIrq.  DujHomDaq ghaHtaH!
Kirk. He's on the shuttlecraft! ST5

bIghHa'Daq ghaHtaH qama''e'
The prisoner is in the prison. KGT

bIQ'a'Daq 'oHtaH 'etlh'e'
The sword is in the ocean. KGT

meyrI'Daq 'oHtaH gho'e'
The circle is in the square. [qep'a' 2005]

qepHomDaq jIHtaHbe'. Saghal.
(MO qepHom 2013 greetings)

ta'mey Dun Data'meH naDev SoHtaH

You are here for great deeds (PB, paq'yav, 10)

qatlh naDev SoHtaH
naDev taHbe' leng 'IQ}

(PB, paq'yav, 10)

yuQDaq ghaHtaHbogh Hoch tlhIngan'e'
each Klingon on the planet (PB, paq'QIH 3.32)

loS... qIb HeHDaq, 'u' SepmeyDaq Sovbe'lu'bogh lenglu'meH
 He ghoSlu'bogh retlhDaq 'oHtaH
It [Deep Space 9] waits... on the edge of the galaxy, beside
 a passage to unknown regions of the universe. S99

pa' 'oHtaH vaS'a''e'.  tlhIngan qum waw' 'oH.
This is where the Klingon Great Hall is located, the
 center of the Klingon government. S27

As SuStel suspected, most are indeed non-permanent or temporary locations - except for the last two examples.  Okay, it's possible to move a big honking space station - DS9 was in fact relocated from orbiting Bajor to guarding the mouth of the wormhole - but the location of the Great Hall (a huge building) on Kronos is more problematic.

[I only have 3 examples from paq'batlh.  I'd appreciate it if someone would look for others.]

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'