[Tlhingan-hol] KLCP 1 vocab practice...

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 08:08:06 PDT 2016

Since this thread isn't marked KLBC and it's been a few days, I'll reply.

QISta':
> rut qIj qanwI'wIj 'e' vItu'.
> I notice that sometimes my pinkie is black. (could one say {qIj qanwI'wIj
> rut 'e' vItu'} to say that the noticing is sometimes, rather than the
> blackness?)

HIja'.

rut qIj qanwI'wIj. 'e' vItu'. = sometimes my pinky is black; I notice that.
qIj qanwI'wIj. rut 'e' vItu'. = my pinky is black; sometimes I notice that.

QISta':
> ben law' poS ghop maSbogh nuv nugh cherlu'.
> Many years ago a left-handers' society was established ("left's hand
> preferring people's society" — is there a better way of saying that?)

Whenever you have {-bogh nuv}, consider {-wI'}. Although, it's not
clear to me that "people who prefer left hands" are left-handers.

QISta':
> Dach matHa'mo' Hegh Hoch Duj beqpu'.
> Because the gunman was absent all the ship's crewmen died.

{Dachmo' matHa'} "because the gunner was absent", or {matHa' Dachmo'}
"because of the absent gunner".