[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mob

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Apr 18 07:11:24 PDT 2016

> Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, April 18, 2016
>
> Klingon word: mob
> Part of speech: verb
> Definition: be alone

  Heghlu'DI' mobbe'lu'chugh QaQqu' Hegh wanI'
  Death is an experience best shared. TKW

  mob qeylIS ngeng HeHDaq yIt
  And Kahless was alone walking along the shore PB

(ghunchu'wI', 7/16/2012):  I once ordered {bIQ neH} to drink at a restaurant. Marc Okrand, sitting across the table from me, suggested that I really meant {bIQ mob}. That would have been proper if I were not having anything else. As I did intend to order food as well, however, my usage was correct. I wanted "mere water" as opposed to "water alone".

PUN:  "mob"

SEE ALSO:
qev 		crowd (v)

nIteb  	alone, acting alone, on one's own (adv)

ghom 		group, party, band (n)
ghom'a' 	crowd (n)
Hutvagh 	too many people or things in a place all at once (n)

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'