[Tlhingan-hol] Canon: Associate Producer

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon Sep 21 23:38:09 PDT 2015

Am 22.09.2015 um 08:15 schrieb HoD qunnoQ:
> 1 .what is the purpose of the glottal stop before Okrand's name ? Why is
> it written ‘oqrand and not just oqrand ?

Because in Klingon, no word starts with a vowel. Even from a linguistic
view, in most languages, words woth vowels start with a glottal stop.
Try saying "I ate eight egg" without the stop. I will sound like
"hi-yate-tate-hags".

> 2. why is written 'oqrand and not 'oqranD ?

That was just a typo in the first message. Ignore it, there is no "d".

> sorry if this is something too simple to ask,but i'm relatively new at
> this.

qay'be' (no problem) we are here to help beginners :-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh