[Tlhingan-hol] On the history of KLI

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Fri Oct 30 10:14:13 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 12:49 PM, qunnoQ HoD <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> i just read this link,and unfortunately it doesn't provide direct answers
> - or any answers at all - to the aforementioned questions. thank you very
> much though !

It seemed to answer your first question:

how long after the creation of klingon language was the KLI formed ?

The language (dictionary) came out in 1985 and the KLI started in 1992, so
that would be 1992-1985 = 7 years after

> from what i read two more questions arose.
>
> it mentioned an opera 'u' written and performed in klingon. where can i
> find the text of this opera ?

The text of the opera 'u' became the text of the paq'batlh. That's the
closest you'll be able to get right now.

>>> did okrand know any of the founding members of KLI,prior to the creation
>>> of the language ?

Only Lawrence can probably answer that question as he was the only founding
member.

> has any of the founding members of KLI created vocabulary and/or
>>> grammar,which is considered canon ?

No. Only Okrand has created vocabulary and/or grammar that is considered
canon. Although he may have based his ideas on other people's
ideas/requests.

>>> with regards to the KLI logo/emblem. (the spiked wheel,with the three
>>> blades within it..)
>>>
>>> who designed it ?
>>> how long has it been the logo of KLI ?

For as long as I can remember (20+ years?)

> has Okrand had anything to do with its creation ?

Unlikely.

qurgh