[Tlhingan-hol] qepHom students wish list

Christopher Kidder-Mostrom cokidder at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 05:22:56 PDT 2015

The type of cookie is Hydrox.  Note the word for water {bIQ} within the
name of the cookie.  Hydrox were the predecessors of Oreos.  Here's the
word on their own naming: "Hydrox derived its name from the atoms
comprising water. In 1908, the creators of the cookie were looking for a
name that would convey "purity and goodness."[2]
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrox#cite_note-Lukas-2> Since water is
known for those qualities, they developed the name from the elements making
up a water molecule."

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 7:04 AM, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 29.10.2015 um 12:38 schrieb Michael Roney, Jr.:
>
>> So, we don't have a specific term for "cookie",
>>

> It depends what you call specific. Note that "cookie" is a diminutive form
> of "cook" or "cake", just as {chabHom} is diminutive of {chab}.
>
> How specific is {bIQyIn}?
>>
> It seemed like Okrand was thinking of a very specific cookie, not
> double-cookies in general. He told me those tasate very well, so if anyone
> knwos which cookies Okrand likes...
>

> --
> Lieven L. Litaer
> aka Quvar valer 'utlh
> Grammarian of the KLI
> http://www.facebook.com/Klingonteacher
> http://www.klingonwiki.net

*Christopher Kidder-Mostrom*

*Current Projects: *

   - *Drama Critic:* reviewing for *Newcity Magazine
   <http://www.newcitystage.com> *and *Theatre By Numbers*
   <http://www.theatre1234.com>
   - *Director:** Not Now, Darling* at BrightSide Theatre
   <http://brightsidetheatre.com/>, February 19 - March 6, 2016
- *Board Member:* Illinois Theatre Association - Professional Division Rep

<http://www.christopherokidder.com>