[Tlhingan-hol] News from Maltz: Chemistry

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Oct 29 01:42:32 PDT 2015

Am 29.10.2015 um 03:59 schrieb SuStel:

 > Get ready for another armpit.

rejmorgh yIDaQo'.

> On 10/28/2015 9:42 PM, Robyn Stewart wrote:
>> jIH, vaj chaq jIngor, 'ach bIH vIngu'laH 'ej Delchu' Quvar.  majQa'.

bIyajchu', 'ach loQ bIQagh: hydrogen wIghajtaH, bIQSIp 'oH. latlh SIp
tu'lu' je, 'oH ghovta' latlh ghItlhwI': Helium 'oH julSIp'e'.

Qov was mostly right, except for hydrogen, which we already know as
bIQSIp. julSIp is Helium. If anyone objects from a scientists view, we
just have to accept that this is the way Maltz names it.

I didn't get much more information from Maltz, here's page 13 of this
year's qepHom-book:

-------------
Maltz is not a chemist, and he said he's a bit overwhelmed by the
periodic table. But I'll try to coax a few more elements out of him.

’otlh poH Planck time
’otlhQeD quantum physics
’otlhtej quantum physicist
julSIp helium
ghav carbon
no’negh sulfur
’uSqan iron (element)
Sorpuq copper
SIrlIy silver
qol’om gold
ngIDvoS lead (element)
HeySel atom
’o’rIS molecule
tamler element (in chemistry)

yugh include, consist of, be composed of (but also the slang term ’uch)

The following example was created by me, and Okrand said it's correct to
do it this way:
cha’ bIQSIp HeySelmey, wa’ yInSIp HeySel je yugh bIQ ’o’rIS.
the water molecule consists of two hydrogen atoms and one oygen atom

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh