[Tlhingan-hol] {-be'} and {-qu'} with type 7 and 9 verb suffixes

Michael Kúnin netzakh at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 08:33:18 PDT 2015

jagh yIbuS!
The question as to type 7 (and e.g. Type 1) remains: {-lI'be'}? {-chuqqu'}?, though "can come just about anywhere" might imply more exceptions than after vs9.
Qapla'!

On 28 October 2015 at 00:38, Michael Kúnin <netzakh at yahoo.com> wrote:

> While the usage of these rovers with main verbs and with type 2 suffixes or
> {-laH} is well attested, it occurred to me that nothing explicitly prevents
> {-be'} and {-qu'} from being added to ANY verb suffix.

Nothing? Except, perhaps TKD section 4.3, which says that ‘Rovers […]
can come just about anywhere except following a Type 9 suffix’.

That seems pretty explicit to me.

Cheers,
Philip