[Tlhingan-hol] Things missing

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:57:19 PDT 2015

ghItlhpu' qurgh, jatlh:
> Most of the articles that could be written have been written, so it
> would be hard to continuously find new content.

jang Quvar, jatlh:
> Not really, there are lots of things to write about.

Absolutely, and from a number of different vantage points. I'm still irritated that I seem to have lost the paper I wrote on the sociocultural implications of the Klingon kinship system that I'd intended to submit for HolQeD 14, and that paper was based on material that by then was already four years old. I'm rewriting that paper just in case. We have further material from Monopoly, TalkNow, the paq'batlh, and Star Trek: Into Darkness that could be treated in HolQeD, and there's also a functional corpus of no' Hol now from the paq'batlh that's just screaming out for a HolQeD paper or several.

taH:
> The KLI could publish at least one edition a year (at qep'a'), with new words
> from Maltz for instance, but also other topics like Klingon in the latest
> Star Trek movie, new books, new software, klingon seen on TV and so on.

Again, absolutely, particularly with the small shots in the arm that've been given to Klingon by the resuscitation of Star Trek as well as passing mentions in The Big Bang Theory.

taH:
> Maltz fills 10 pages (tenwalmey) of this year's qepHom exercise book.

And all who were unable to participate are keen to hear the contents {{:)

QeS 'utlh