[Tlhingan-hol] Things missing

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Tue Oct 27 09:28:46 PDT 2015

I scanned in a number of issues back in 2009 as a test, but they had a
bunch of issues. The biggest one was that the paper used in HolQeD,
especially the older issues, allows a lot of bleed-through of the text on
the backside of the page (eg http://hol.kag.org/Save0001.JPG). I tried many
different ways of scanning, and that was the best I could get. There may be
ways to clean it up, but it will never be as good as a generated PDF file.
The scanned PDFs I created were also very large even after compression, due
to them being a collection of images instead of actual text (5+MB scanned
vs 135KB generated).

qurgh