[Tlhingan-hol] qaghwI' between consonants

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Oct 24 10:39:35 PDT 2015

>  > is there a list somewhere of consonant clusters
>  > allowed/disallowed in tlhingan phonology?

jang loghaD:
>   Not to the best of my knowledge;

At least not in any canon source. Dont't forget the Klingon wiki, which
I recommend for beginners to browse, as it answers lots of questions:

http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ConsonantCluster
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Phonology

> 4) Non-Klingon names have been known to break the above rules. These
> include {jemS} ("James"), {qIrq} ("Kirk") and {pIqarD} ("Picard").

And the recently discovered {marq 'oqranD}

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh