[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: wovmoHwI'

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 07:19:10 PDT 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 9:59 AM, qunnoQ HoD <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:

> > there are minor differences between dictionaries created by different
people.

> this means that there are different versions of the canon,or that there
are different interpretations of the canon ?

This means that everyone takes notes differently.
If you look up the word "light", you may be expecting to talk about the way
the light shines through the trees.
Or, you may want to talk about light blue.
Or that you don't have a lot in your purse today, and it's light.
Or perhaps you went out to eat and had a light meal.
And with that meal you had a light (sugar-free) lemonade.

To keep you (or in the case of publicly searchable records, others) from
using the wrong word, you add a note.

qurgh went with "lamp".
De'vID went with "device".

Both annotations are there to remind the user which English word we're
dealing with.

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.