[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: veSDuj

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Oct 18 04:46:42 PDT 2015

Am 18.10.2015 um 12:50 schrieb De'vID:
> On 17 October 2015 at 19:58, Lieven <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:
>> b) Somebody has invented a set of letters which are quite useful because
>> they match the letters, and most klingonists have agreed to use this one.

> This is going off-topic, but...

We are having off topic discussions very often, and at least, it's still
related to klingon :-)

> I really dislike the fact that the mapping makes the qaghwI' look like
> an apostrophe.

Thanks you're saying that - I have always felt similar. I also do not
like the l looking like an L, the D looking like a greek D, and the I
looking close to an Y, and the u is close to a tilted u. Certainly the
apostrophe looking like an apostrophe is the worst of all.

> actually appeared on the show. Whoever made the mapping made the other
> glyphs based on the symbols seen in the show, except for that one.

So it's obviously someone who did not know much about tlhIngan Hol,
except for the existing letters.

Don't misunderstand me - I do like the pIqaD we know and I cannot change
it back to something else now. It's simply that I agree with De'vID that
some of the letters look very terran.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh