[Tlhingan-hol] Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country Klingon Dialogue

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Oct 8 11:46:20 PDT 2015

Am 08.10.2015 um 17:54 schrieb HoD qunnoQ:
> nuqneH
>
> i made this observation...

That's a very good observation, and it's more important than what most
people would believe it to be.

Indeed, I guess it's simply the actor who speaks a bit differently than
others. Perhabs it was even done intentional, because Azetbur was sad?
Maybe it's because she's a woman. I don't know, compare to Valkris or
Uhura (although she's not klingon, so maybe she doesn't count)

Anyhow, I love showing this scene to my students because it makes clear
that one can speak klingon in a very natural way, as opposed to what
many people believe is that you need to shout and bark klingon all the time.

Klingon can be spoken like a natural language, and Azetbur has proven
this quite well in that scene.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh