[Tlhingan-hol] Objects, direct and indirect

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Nov 25 17:23:43 PST 2015

On 11/25/2015 8:18 PM, DloraH wrote:
>> We would obviously interpret {ghaH vIghojmoH} as "I teach him" and
>> not "I teach about(?) him", "I teach him as a subject of study"
>> (like I'm giving a lecture on Kahless).
>
> Can you say "obviously", because you even go on to give an example of
> another possible interpretation? How would we say that you were
> teaching about him?

Consider the context of the sentence. The pronoun will have an
antecedent which you can presumably identify. That should be plenty of
information to go on.

Otherwise, no, you can't tell. {tlhInganpu' vIghojmoH} could mean "I
teach Klingons (about something)" or "I teach (someone) about Klingons."

http://www.trimboli.name/