[Tlhingan-hol] Objects, direct and indirect

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 08:46:02 PST 2015

I’m pretty sure we’ve never had an example of an explicit direct object in a sentence with a prefix that indicates no direct object. You might consider {-chuq} to have a direct object, since the various subjects are doing the action to each other, but that doesn’t seem to be an interpretation consistent with the examples we’ve been given. Certainly, there’s no indication that this is an invitation to have the verb behave as being “ditransitive” with a subject as the direct object and an unmarked noun preceding the verb as another direct object.

Basically, you are making up your own grammar and figuring that since it makes sense to you, it should make sense to everyone else, even if it has nothing to do with the grammar we’ve been given in TKD and it’s never been done in canon.

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably