[Tlhingan-hol] Objects, direct and indirect

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 07:23:52 PST 2015

> Syntax is structure; semantics is meaning. Syntactically, Klingon
sentences have one subject and one object (not including null cases), and
any other words are syntactically just "other words that come at the
beginning." Semantically, > Klingon sentences have subjects (who do the
verb) direct objects (on whom the verb occurs) and indirect objects (who
receives the action; again, not including null cases), and either direct or
indirect object can be placed in the
> syntactic object position, with direct objects trumping indirect objects.
The verb prefix agrees with one of those semantic roles; it is not chosen
syntactically.

this is beautiful..