[Tlhingan-hol] nuqDaq ghaH 'arHa'e'?

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 03:58:27 PST 2015

Your reference to an earlier discussion points to a single message by you, which hardly seems conclusive to anyone but perhaps you. The form of the gloss, "be confused" suggests that it is likely a verb that can be adjectival, like "be big" or "be red, orange". These words generally don't take direct objects. You can't "be red" something.

The twins in your example might be often confused (for each other by someone else) but that confusion requires a third party as the agent of the confusion. The twins aren't actually doing anything. You are using the passive voice to hide the subject. No subject similarly be red something. But someone else must be in a state of confusion over the identity of the twins.

I'm with Qov on this one. I think the ONLY acceptable interpretation of {mIS} is to be in a state of mental confusion.

Sent from my iPad
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv