[Tlhingan-hol] Qun qa'

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Nov 17 09:35:50 PST 2015

> I vaguely recall that Okrand liked this disambiguating use of {-'e'}

> in a relative clause when someone suggested it to him

Aye, Marc has said that is is "clever, right or wrong."

Source: http://klingonska.org/canon/1998-12-holqed-07-4.txt

LS: Somebody was asking about if you have two nouns that both have
    {-'e'} on them, and they're conjoined with {je}, do you put the {-'e'} on
    the {je} or on the nouns?

MO: Right. Can you topicalize a conjunction? I don't know... nah...
    Though actually for me, one of the things that pleases me about all
    this stuff is not so much when people talk about the details of the
    language, although that's fine, is when they talk about language at
    all. So this guy came up with this idea of putting {-'e'} at the end,
    that's a very clever idea, right or wrong.