[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: my first Klingon sentence

Elizabeth Lawrence elizabeth.lawrence08 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 05:05:20 PST 2015

Languages can be either constructed (deliberately made up by an individual
or group of individuals) or natural (non-deliberately made up by a larger
number of people over a longer period of time).  Many constructed languages
are made up to follow some particular precept (such as lojban, which is
supposed to be logical), and were not constructed to function similarly to
natural languages.  The premise of Klingon is that it is the natural
language of another (fictional) species, and thus it does not try to remove
all idiosyncrasy, nor does it have rules that are completely regular.
Hence  QISta' refers to it as "naturalistic."

be''etlh