[Tlhingan-hol] A moment of clarity

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 06:48:51 PST 2015

> So what is it about "molon lave" that carries the sense of defiance? Is
it the choice of words, the specific grammar, the cultural association with
that particular event, or what?

I just don't know ! I can't put it in words. It really makes me sad,that I
cannot convey in english/klingon its original *feeling*. Its like trying to
describe to someone the taste of a food,he has never tasted. You might be
able to get close ; maybe very-very close. But in the end there is no way
he could understand the true *taste*,except if he eventually tasted it
himself.

> It carries the meaning, but is too wordy. The Spartans, via their home
province of Laconia, were responsible for the adjective "laconic", and
Leonidas's two-word reply of "molôn labe" - literally, "having come, take"
- is often cited
> as being a classic example of laconic (or Laconic, in fact) speech. Its
brevity is a large part of what gives it its punch.

EXACTLY !