[Tlhingan-hol] rup

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Nov 12 05:13:34 PST 2015

Am 12.11.2015 um 10:05 schrieb qunnoQ HoD:
> hmm.. that's a good question. I think that in english one could use the
> word "it" for a child,if it was very-very young. I know for sure that in
> greek you can refer to child by using "it".

English people even refer to their pets as he or she, but only if they
have personal contact. In German, the animal's gender is always used
correctly, not matter how personal the contact is.

> what about klingon though ? could i refer to a child in klingon using
> the word "it" ? after all if it is still a baby,it can't speak yet.

The definition is "capable of speech", which a baby is. Also deaf or
mute people are still capable of speech. And even if people are dead,
they are {Humanpu'}.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh