[Tlhingan-hol] rup

qunnoQ HoD mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 06:30:32 PST 2015

thanks for replying. I thought too that "tax" was to be used only in the
way of the "evil king" example. I just wanted to make certain.

> Hmm, I'm uncertain what you mean by "<<tax>> isn't within brackets". Are
you looking at a digital version of the book?
> Where this came from?

no,I'm not using a digital version. I was referring to the actual/physical
book. maybe i didn't describe well what i meant to say.. I remember,when I
was learning english,whenever there was a word which's meaning could be
interpreted in two separate ways,then the explanation/clarification would
follow the first word being contained in brackets. In our topic it would be
something like :

rup (v) to fine, (to tax)

whenever on the other hand a word actually had two separate meanings,then
it would be written as :

rup (v) to fine,to tax