[Tlhingan-hol] Concerning the purpose clauses

qurgh lungqIj qurgh at wizage.net
Tue Nov 10 08:47:45 PST 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 8:36 AM, SuStel <sustel at trimboli.name> wrote:

> On 11/10/2015 7:46 AM, qunnoQ HoD wrote:
>
>> we painted the targh in yellow paint in order to see it
>> targh wIleghmeH ghah rItlh SuD wIngoH
>>

> A {targh} is an {'oH}, not a {ghaH}.

I had a conversation with Marc about {'oH} and {ghaH} and animals when I
was at the qepHom. He said that if you (the speaker) believe you can
communicate with a creature, then it's a {ghaH}, if you don't believe you
can communicate with a creature, then it's {'oH}. It's down the personal
beliefs of the speaker, not a set formula.

qurgh