[Tlhingan-hol] Names and address

Rohan Fenwick qeslagh at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 8 04:01:19 PST 2015

ghItlhpu' qunnoQ, jatlh:
> As I read in TKD,names can be used in direct address at the beginning
> or end of a sentence.
> lets assume I want to say <<hail gowron>>. does this mean that both
> {qavam gowron} and {gowron qavam} are equally right ?

Yep! Absolutely correct. Though watch a couple of things - not relevant to your point, but still important: the verb "hail, salute" is {van}, not *{vam}; also, we know how Gowron's name is spelled in Klingon, and it's {ghawran} (KGT pp. 25-26).

So yes, either {ghawran, qavan} or {qavan, ghawran} is fine.

QeS 'utlh