[Tlhingan-hol] Training

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Fri Nov 6 06:37:30 PST 2015

On 11/6/2015 9:16 AM, qunnoQ HoD wrote:
> lets think of the word ''training''.  It can be used in the following ways :
>
> 1. I'm training (verb)
> 2. I must go for training (noun)
>
> is there a way,I could take take the word {qeq},put {-taH} at its end,
> then take the {qeqtaH} and use it as a noun ?

You can say {qeqtaHghach} "continuous training." Or you can say
{qeqta'ghach} "completed training." Or a bunch of other things,
depending on the penultimate suffix.

But {-ghach} usually shouldn't be your first choice; there's often a
better way to say the thing you're looking for. For instance, {jIqeqnIS}
"I need to train."

Klingon uses verbs more centrally than English does. Where English uses
weak or auxiliary verbs with strong nouns, Klingon often uses just
verbs. See if you can find a verb-based solution first.

http://trimboli.name