[Tlhingan-hol] roj

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Nov 5 10:56:53 PST 2015

Am 05.11.2015 um 19:45 schrieb qunnoQ HoD:
> what is transitivity ?

When a verb is "transitive", then it can take an object.
Examples: "I see you" - "I eat bread"
It does not need to have an object, you can also  say "I eat" or "I see".

Verbs that are not transitive (or intransitive) can NOT take an object.
For instance, you can "sleep" but not "sleep something". You can "be
green" but not "be green something".

Sometimes verbs from the dictionary are not clearly defined: Does "drop"
mean "the thing dropped on the floor" or should I say "I dropped the
thing"? We can't know until we get canon examples.

That's why Voragh sometimes says "Okrand never used this word".

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh