[Tlhingan-hol] New word from MO: {jIr} (excl) "Big deal!"

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Wed Nov 4 11:31:14 PST 2015

De'vID wrote

I said:
>> No, Okrand clearly said "remove that line".

SuStel says:
> Okrand also never said to point when you say {naDevvo' pagh leghlu'};
> that doesn't mean it's not an appropriate gesture.

I don't know what your point is, but I don't bother too much because I'm
used to your typical opposition. Sometimes it even makes sense, but not
here. Okrand said that's it was a bad idea to add the note of the
gesture, so one should simply use the phrase and that's all.

As opposed to your example, Okrand did indeed say "do not do it". Of
course you may rotate your fingers with each word you say if you think
that's appropriate.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh